- Round 6 began after the group passed through the Dragon’s Belly and broke the hinges on the door at the end of the hall.
- Upon entering the room, Rhys Grüber was set upon by a gelatinous goo that enveloped him. He was, typically, able to extricate himself without incident.
- After debating the most effective method for disposing of the goo, the best solution turned out to be simply beating it down.
- Once the goo was disposed of, Arianastaria and Riskant set about disabling a drowning trap so that the group could continue on.
- Once the trap was disabled, Lo Kag smashed open the door and revealed the Magma Elemental on the other side.
- The group set about retreating back into the previous room in an attempt to trap the elemental in the drowning trap that had just been disabled.
- Once the group was safe, the trap was re-enabled and sprung on the elemental. Unfortunately, the elemental was able to destroy the trap and continued pursuing the group.
- Again, the group resorted to the ‘beat-down’ technique to dispose of the Magma Elemental with Riskant scoring the killing blow.
- It was then discovered that the elemental had been protecting the Sword of Torm (which is actually more of a falchion than a sword).
The Bane of Faerun
Highlights from Round 6